Here is a step by step guide to installing Vfone (Huawei) on Windows Vista.
1. Plug in the data cable.
2. Following box will appear.
3.Click on Locate and install Driver Software.
4. Click Do not search online.
5.Click Browse and locate the driver folder on ptcl wireless cd. They are in folder riverFiles\winXP
6. Click on install this driver software anyway.
7. Click close.
Following box will appear.
8. Click Don’t search online.
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software and give location of driver as given previously.
10. Click Install this driver software anyway.
11. Click Close.
12. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Phone and Modem Options.
Click on Modems Tab.
13. Click Add.
14. Check Don’t detect my modem and click next.
15. Click Have Disk..
16. Browse to “HuaWeiMdm.inf” file on the drivers cd.
17. Click OK.
18. Click Next.
19. Select port.
21. Now the modem to be used.
Make new connection and enjoy surfing the net.